The Real Retirement Life Income Fund (a.k.a. the “RRI Fund”), as described in the accompanying working paper
, is designed to provide a level and steady stream of real cash flows from retirement until death,
sufficient to provide a dignified standard of living in retirement.
The RRI Fund Calculator is developed in conjunction with the RRI Fund so as to determine the monthly
contributions required by households until retirement. In order to remove the errors associated with
inappropriate assumptions, the calculator has been consciously designed in a manner that minimises
The RRI Fund Calculator is structured into two parts:
1. Initial Survey – asks basic demographic questions to calculate how much you would need to contribute
on a monthly basis if you were to commence today.
2. Gap Analysis – asks a series of questions that allows you to tailor the monthly contributions according to
your own specific requirements, including:
• Changes to desired retirement age
• Current money available for immediate contribution to the RRI Fund
• Delaying or graduating monthly contributions
• Lump sum contributions upon retirement from sources such as CPF and Equity Release from property
Click to read the disclaimer.